Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Less Talking, More Doing.

"For we don't live for ourselves or die for ourselves. If we live, it's to honor the Lord. And if we die, it's to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord."- Romans 14: 7-8

When I read that verse last night, it kinda slapped me in the face. Heard it before, claimed to follow its principle before, never really have. For so long I've lived this life like its mine. For so long I've had this mindset that God gave me life on this earth, so I'm going to do what I want, follow the paths that I choose, and live a comfortable lifestyle that makes me happy and comfortable. I've never really stopped and said it in that way, but that's how most of us live, it's our nature. Recently, I've been trying my hardest to escape that mindset. And I've been realizing that it's not an easy thing to do, especially if I'm not in God's word, constantly. This is not my life, as much as the world wants to tell me it is, I'm here for one reason and that's to give God praise in every single thing that I do, and whoever I am with. I'm trying to remember that every single day and while it's so hard, these verses are kicking my butt and helping me to remember my purpose.

"So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." -1 Corinthians 10:31

"for through Him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can't see, such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through Him and for Him." -Colossians 1:16

"don't you realize that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price." -1 Corinthians 6:19-20

So stoked on God's ability to change hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment